Re: Vacuum Leak

William /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Okay, so tonight, after work, I took apart the carb _one more time_, and cleaned everything again, I checked and rechecked everything. I did everything I could possibly think of, and once I was certain the carb was functioning correctly, I put it back on. Surely it would start this time, I thought. So I tried to kick start it, but it didn't start. Rather than assuming it was the carb, like I have been doing, I assumed it was something else, as I was (and still am) certain that the carb is working correctly. So, I checked the spark and lo and behold, there wasn't any. Honest to god, the last time I checked the spark, about a week ago before I started all of this carb work, it was strong, solid, it was the best damned spark anyone could ask for. Sure, there is now some spark, every once in a while, but it's very intermittent, which, I guess, would explain the "running out of gas" behavior, because it would spark for about ten seconds and then not spark for five, which would mimic getting gas for ten seconds and none for 5. So, I'm back to square one. I'm pretty sure it's not the condensor, at least, as it is brand new, so that narrows it down to only about ten million other things it could be. Oh, and the spark plug is brand new, too, like, out of the box after I noticed it wasn't sparking, so it isn't that. The timing is right, too, because I checked that to some accuracy a couple of days ago, and I can't imagine how drastically that can change in two days. I was wondering if it's possible to find the short in the circuit with a voltmeter, because I've been thinking about getting one and learning how to use it. That would make it really easy, I don't know, if anyone has any suggestions, I'd be happy to hear them. Thanks.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account