Re: Vacuum Leak

William /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Yeah, by the way, thanks so much for all of your help so far, I really appreciate it. Yes everything in fred's guide has been done. It has a new spark plug, I've checked the ignition timing. The bike is in pretty good shape with the exception that it won't run well; it only has about 3500 miles on it. There are two completely different cables, one for choke and one for throttle. the operation of one does not affect the operation of the other. I am _absolutely_ sure the choke at least is functioning exactly as it should.

when I have it started on the stand it will go full throttle after much sputtering; but once it gets to full throttle it will run alright _at full throttle_. it dies if the throttle closes if the bike is stopped or moving along at a good speed; whenever it happens, the engine dies if the throttle closes.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account