centerstand welding in Mass.

hey ya'll!!!

i have had really no luck in finding the center stand that i need for my badger here so i think i have decided to try ad comission someone on here, if they would be so kind, to weld this on back together. it seems to be made of a rather flimsy metal but it fits a specific way and the stands i have and have been able to procure do not have the same connection.

is there anyone in my area that knows how to weld or where to get smething welded or if it can even be done?

please let me know

thanx

pic. one

pic. one

1121645488_batavus_center_stand_1.jpg

pic. two

pic two

1121645520_batavus_center_stand_2.jpg

Re: pic. two

John Joedicke /

Put a rod inside then weld it up. There has to be welders around where you live? Any good repair garage should be able to do it or go look for someone who does welding for a living near you.

im sure there are some around but wasnt sure, any idea how much someone may charge for that?

i am dead friggin' broke so im looking for a cheap place

guy i use charges me like 15 dollar minimum.never more than that unless it takes over half hour then its 30.hes 30 an hour plus material if he uses any steel or anything,,,,,,

ok thats good to know, thanx for the info. is he just a welder or a mechanic also?

or just drill 1/4 inch holes through the rod and tube.. install some bolts .. or 1/4 inch rod .. coat everything good with a strong epoxy so it doesn't rattle..

Re: centerstand welding in Mass.

I've mig welded my maxi center stand where the bearing retainer weld snapped.I'm in canton.if it's not to dificult for free 508-468-4788.Jim P.S.Let me know what needs to be done and why.

yeah just saw the pics is that steel magnetic?it looks like copperish/brass under the paint not likley though steel will be easy i've got rod to put in it to.Jim

Bump:

hey man thanx for the offer!

i am going over to jasons in haverhill, he said he would do it for me. thanx . i think i am going to have to learn how to weld and get some equiptment for future probs.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account