I Need Big Help

So this is what i got, its a Batavus HS 50, thats all i know, other than its serial number, which is 564589. It dosent run, it has no gas tank, i need a new engine, and, well, i need almost everything. i realy want to get this thing running, and i was wonder if you could help me. i need to know what year this is also. please help me get this running.

1121635623_dsc01307.jpg

Re: I Need Big Help

i see a couple batavus manuals at mopedriders.org..

"Owners Manual":http://www.mopedriders.org/article_view.php?faq=2&fldAuto=16

"Repair Manual":http://www.mopedriders.org/article_view.php?faq=2&fldAuto=43

i just saw a nos hs50 gas tank on ebay. if it's still there, it was only like $10.

here is a good picture of my bike, you can see that the engine is go good, and that i need lots of parts, if you have any, please tell me. by the way, does anyone know the year?

Don Pflueger /

its most likely a mid to late 70's model. parts are nla for these. you may be able to find some, and i mean some, engine parts at www.50cc.nl. other than that you will need to watch the buy/sell forums.

Don Pflueger /

there is no pic. what all do you need? what makes you think the engine is no good? if it has 120 lbs or higher compression, its still good or at least repairable. used parts are available all over the place. you just gotta watch for them.

Steamboat Aka J. R. Stevens /

Hey Donp, the pic is on the first post. jim.

Don Pflueger /

thanks jim. i missed it.

dammit I was bidding on that!!!!

LOL dude unless you have the cylinder and head for that bike.........shes a parts bike unless ya can find another 1 like it to salvage stuff off.................theres a couple complete bikes on ebay like it................

Don Pflueger /

yea i have to agree after seeing the pic. its missing too many parts and not worth the money or time to fix. i hope you didnt pay more than maybe $10 for that. dont get me wrong, anything can be fixed. but to me, its not worth it. i can give you part numbers for just about every part you need.

even though that basket case belongs in a casket i wouldn't wanna discourage you..

my first bike was in similarly bad shape when i got it and fixing it up was nothing but a good time.. learned a lot .. got me some new tools.. It made fixing my next bike easy. Admittedly i was a bit wiser as far as finding and choosing the next one.

i didnt pay crap all for it, it was free, i just like rebuilding things, and a moped looked pritty sweet to rebuild

Don Pflueger /

thats cool

i wasnt saying to trash it, just that it would be easier to find a complete motor than try to buy the parts to repair that 1, you have no idea why the top end is off someone may run it out of oil and trashed the lower end too,.....batavus isnt the best bike to have to sink a lot of parts in, I know I have the same bike that Im fixing up............Mine was complete and had a title and I paid 50 bucks ..............mopedjunkyard has a lot of used batavus parts..........you could look there

While you're workking on that bike you might want something to ride around on..

Check out THIS THREAD and the pic.. This is not an uncommon incident.

10's of thousands of these bikes are gathering dust and taking up "valuable" space in the basements and garages of little old ladies all over the country .. haven't been touched in decades.. They melt into the walls and become invisible..

Then one day they see a neighbor working on a similar bike in his driveway.. or a girlfriend says her grandson wants a small motor bike.. or they have a garage sale..

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account