engine veary sluggish

i just got a motomarina with a minnerelli V1 engine it starts great but it just barely has no power at most the bike is going 10 mph i dont no what it is i think the carb might be dirty but i dont no

thanks

Re: engine veary sluggish

Mike Scouty McScoutington /

could be carb, but it could also be a timing issue.

i had some luck decarbonizing the exhaust and cleaning the carb. real well on my peds.

First things to check:

Does the engine rev high, while the bike seems to go nowhere? If so, the clutch could be bad.

Put the bike on the stand, and turn each wheel by hand. Are the brakes dragging?

Do a compression test - you should have 120lbs or better.

Is the throttle in the carb opening all the way? Take off the air filter, and look into the carb while you twist the throttle grip.

Choke stuck in the on position?

Exhaust plugged up? There should be a solid put-put sound from the pipe.

Can you provide a few more details on just how the bike is behaving?

well the bike at full throttle i can tell that it is at a vearty low rpm

no the bike dose not rev hihg at all when its on the ground or when its on the stand

the exhaust is veary veary old and looks like it is in bad shape it almost seems like somthing is getting clogged in it and it is popping every 2 minutes if it is the exhaust is clogged do u have any advise on how to clean it

also it seems like the engine revs a little high then it just goes really low like its almost about to stall out

i am kinda new but it sounds like a dirty carb/clogged exhaust. i have had those symptoms on my peds and they have been solved with a good cleaning. just unbolt the carb and blast the shit out of it with engine cleaner and feed a rag through it for a little while, thats how i do it and it works fine but there are other, im sure more effective methods. for the carb just fill a container with carb cleaner and leave it there for the day. make sure you take off any gaskets and things that could be damaged by the cleaner. then i blast it out with an aircompressor. you may also on top of those be having a fuel delivery issue. try taking the petcock off and cleaning that too.

do you no if another reason it could be is becase it has no gaskets

hmmm. no gaskets where? if there is no gasket on the engine that could be why but i am not 100% sure . i would definetly get one if that has no gasket on it.

there's no gasket on the engine head and i can feel alot of air comming out of that spot could i be loseing commpression?

thanks

the air you feel could be from the fan that cools the engine

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account