Re: '80 Puch Sport MK II 2 spd overhaul

jojito /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

J: When I tried to get it running again, it could not get it to turn

JoeW: I dont know what you mean by this .. couldn’t get the piston to move? Since you have no pedals and the bike has a lever and cable to engage the starting clutch.. may be nothing wrong but some missing parts.."

When it ran before, I let it gather speed downhill, then popped the clutch to start it. But last I tried, it slowed when I popped the clutch, like the engine compression was slowing it. I think that may be a good thing - at least the piston is moving and the engine holds compression.

I can't think of any reason the engine would have frozen in that time. If it is frozen, I'll sell it all for 20 bucks :) Well tonite I will be cleaning it, photographing it, and changing the sparkplug. Next I will check the fuel line and carb. Then the electrical system.

I have my original manual, but that link is awesome - I am sure there is a lot of good knowledge there. I hope this bike is worth it.

Thanks for the quick response, Denny

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account