Re: puch magnum exhaust

msawkar /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

hrm, i almost feel as if i should change the subject of this topic but i have to respond to your post because you are giving me such good advice...

my friend and I took took off the head and cleaned the cylinder surface... he said the rings looked pretty good (they expanded on their own and where a bitch to get back on properly) and the cylinder also looked ok (what do you mean check for flatness, i can take it apart again and look for something specific... what should the cylinder look like).

I dont think the walls were glazed, but what exactly does that mean. We put some motor oil on the cylinder and put the thing back together. Compression did increase a little bit... but i think it tops out at about 90... which is still low.

I dont believe i saw anything like a decomression valve. what does that look like? this is a puch magnum 1.5hp 1sp (XK from 78 i think)

I'm pretty sure the head bolts are on tight, i'm assuming i shouldnt tighten them an excessive amount... just till they appear to be pretty tight.

thanks,

manu

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account