Re: plug chop (for joew)

iain /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Ok, what i'm trying to establish is the air:fuel mix at idle. How do i know when i have it set correctly, i followed your (joew) instructions on another thread which was (unscrewing the throttle stop screw til the engine is just about to die, then adjust the air mixture screw til rpm increases, continue doing this til no difference is noticible.

When i tried this i get no increase change in rpm adjusting the air mixture screw. Any idea why this would be. Have read elsewhere that ideal position is about 1 3/4 turns. (its a pa50)

Another question joew, read some of your post regarding timing on the pa50, i've been using a timing light to get some acurate readings. but i am having trouble getting a spark right on the fire line on the flywheel. can only get it within a few degrees. How accurate have you managed to timing?

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account