Re: Motobecane 12V Headlight Dim

Legendre /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

imway18,

I took a look at the wiring diagram for your bike - in typical motorcycle / moped style, the diagram shows what gets connected to where, but gives little useful info on troubleshooting. Important details are left out of the magneto and light switch wiring.

What I'd suggest, is checking the AC voltage between the white wire at the taillight, and frame ground. Then compare this to the voltage between the headlamp terminals. They shoud be the same.

If not, you've got a bad (high-resistance) connection in the wiring, probably local to the headlamp bucket, or the associated grounds. It appears that the lightswitch supplies power to both the head and tail lights from a common point - so if the tail is getting good power, the switch should be OK.

If the issue was a headlamp of too high a wattage, I'd expect the tail lamp to also be dim.. since they share a common feed.

HTH

irc://irc.freenode.net/mopedarmy

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account