TFR variator belt needed!!

Troy Weisenmiller /

hey guys,

so i have a complete variator from a kinetic magnum, rear wheel, everything i got it.

i only need a belt to get it running, but i dont know what size i need?

if anyone can help it would be great.

thanks alot.

Re: TFR variator belt needed!!

Troy Weisenmiller /
troy OP

nothing?!?

Bruce Wilkinson /

The belts on Vespa Mopeds might be the same. Ask zippymoped@yahoo.com he should know. bruce

The last time I figured it out, I ended up returning/exchanging about 4 belts. To get the right measurement I cut the old, nasty one and took up the slack. It was shorter than the stock kinetic belt, and the same width as most utility belts available at farm supply, hardware and auto parts stores.

Kinetics and vespas tension the belt by moving the motor back and forth. You may be able to give yourself a little more wiggle room by loosening the rear wheel mount, and pushing it forward. The most important thing is to make sure that you can get the full range out of the variator.

The problem is that there aren't usually belts available in 1/2" increments.

Have you contacted cosmo about the size of the stock belt for the magnum?

Troy Weisenmiller /
troy OP

i have the stock belt for the magnum, but its way too big because the frame for the magnum is longer then a TFR.

but also, the stock tfr belt is alittle too skinny i believe also, so ill need a fatter one, if i can find it.

but thanks

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account