going to punch Tomos A3 - help!

bloodyspokes_js /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

allright guys i need your help

i have a 77 tomos a3gm that I had running a few weeks ago - minus one piston ring, a real air filter (i used a sponge), the boot to the airbox, and a shoddy spark plug hook up.

I replaced these parts - got new ones. And I also fixed the plug boot (i got a strong spark).

With these things on and installed right, i (eventually) get it started after a few pedals. I go to kick the guy off the stand, it immediately dies. It does this 4 or 5 times. Won't start when i pedal on it, but will on stand - then dies when I take it off the stand.

So I play with the carb, check all fuel lines, disconnect the air boot from the box. nada. now it won't fire. check the spark and there is nothing.

i am going to punch this ped in the face.

so what is the best route to go from here? i removed the spark plug boot that I put on (good work, i thought) and there isn't even any spark to the wire (finger checked).

I blew out the points with air and carb cleaner. but everything is real clean under there. everything i read says it's rare the magneto itself goes out... and while i crank the pedals to try and start it - i get lights and horn. help!

also - when I was getting spark (on stand) it didn't catch until i disconnected the boot from the airbox. how best to clean the airbox? is it really just supposed to be a hose tucked up into the body under the seat post connected toa plastic box behind the carb?? how the hell does it get air? doesn't seem like there is a whole lot of flow to the underside of the seat...

but what do i know....

thanks for your help.

justin

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  going to punch Tomos A3 - help!Topic by: bloodyspokes_js bloodyspokes_js 07/11/05 08:16PM
  Re: going to punch Tomos A3 - help!Re: See Ya Moped Army See Ya Moped Army 07/11/05 08:23PM
  Re: going to punch Tomos A3 - help!Re: bloodyspokes_js bloodyspokes_js 07/11/05 10:04PM
  Re: going to punch Tomos A3 - help!Re: Don Pflueger Don Pflueger 07/12/05 09:53AM
  Re: going to punch Tomos A3 - help!Re: Joe Woods Joe Woods 07/11/05 11:12PM
  Re: going to punch Tomos A3 - help!Re: bloodyspokes_js bloodyspokes_js 07/12/05 02:49AM
  Re: going to punch Tomos A3 - help!Re: Don Pflueger Don Pflueger 07/12/05 10:05AM
  Re: going to punch Tomos A3 - help!Re: bloodyspokes_js bloodyspokes_js 07/13/05 02:19PM
  Re: going to punch Tomos A3 - help!Re: Don Pflueger Don Pflueger 07/13/05 02:26PM
  Re: going to punch Tomos A3 - help!Re: Joe Woods Joe Woods 07/13/05 02:45PM
  Re: going to punch Tomos A3 - help!Re: Matt Salyers Matt Salyers 07/13/05 05:26PM
  Re: going to punch Tomos A3 - help!Re: Joe Woods Joe Woods 07/13/05 05:35PM
  Re: going to punch Tomos A3 - help!Re: Don Pflueger Don Pflueger 07/13/05 05:51PM
  Re: going to punch Tomos A3 - help!Re: Legendre Legendre 07/12/05 09:11AM
  Re: going to punch Tomos A3 - help!Re: Don Pflueger Don Pflueger 07/12/05 09:51AM
  Re: going to punch Tomos A3 - help!Re: bob bob 07/12/05 06:34PM
  Re: going to punch Tomos A3 - help!Re: Mike Mike 07/12/05 10:09PM
  Re: going to punch Tomos A3 - help!Re: Smitty Smith Smitty Smith 07/13/05 12:11AM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account