is it possible to put pedals on a tomos targa lx

i have this moped and in nj you ahve to have pedals is it possible to put pedals on the moped lioek the other tomos targa lx's?

Re: is it possible to put pedals on a tomos targa

heh.. you can probably add pedals and make it "legal".

One time i saw this bike .. it had teeny tiny little pedals on the front wheel's axle... little pedals on the ends of short little cranks..They always spun around when the bike ran.

But if the rider needed to prove he could pedal the bike, the little pedals would move the bike forwards .. I know it was done to make the bike legal but i don't know if it passed inspection.

:

The problem is that the State's Dept of Motor Vehicles keeps a list of approved manufacturers and bike models that have all the things a "moped" must have in that state.. If the LX is not listed it may not matter what you do. Call them and find out.

that is extremely wrong, the LX is a sreet lgal vehicle, mines registered, and to have a street legal vehicle at 15 it must have a 2 speed auto transmission, under 50cc, FUNCTIONAL pedals, headlights tailight, and if it doesnt have pedals it can register as a scooter, but then ud have to be 17

Don Pflueger /

you can. but you have to change some shafts in the transmission and remove the kick starter assembly.

Steamboat Aka J. R. Stevens /

QUESTION??? If a Targa LX is ordered with kick start, do you loose your pedals? Jim.

Don Pflueger /

it comes with footpegs, no pedals.

Steamboat Aka J. R. Stevens /

No pedals. hmmmm. Jim

? the lx can come with either footpegs and a kick start (less ground clearance on turns but easier to ride although not legal) or with pedals (more ground clearance but pain in the butt)

if your only concern is legality i wouldn't fret...i havent been pulled over in my lx ever...which is over a year and im kinda annoyed i got pedals...

none of the 5 other mopeders i know (who have pegs) have been pulled over either

anyway adding pedals is kinda difficult, the transmission is a bit different and you have to do some major stuff...

Don Pflueger /

yes it can be ordered either way. most dealers dont carry them with kick start because of state laws.

listen dumbass pedals arent legal! u cant register a non legal ped, therefor no license plate!

no license plate= pulled over

no pedals meens its a scooter therefor u cant ride it until ur 17

Don Pflueger /

who are you calling dumbass?

they have no way of knowing your specific one dosent have pedals.. so yes you could register it.. dumass

"dumass"?

The word dumb is not spelled the way it sounds. It is spelled d-u-m-b. So, the proper way to spell it is d-u-m-b-a-s-s.

The "b" is silent.. like you should be.

yo jedan FUCK YOU ur are an ass u fuckign dick listen when u give the DMV ur VIN number its gunna ceom up that it doesnt have pedals so fuck yo retard how else would u get it regestered if u bring it to the DMV there gunna obviously see it

Don Pflueger /

it would come up as a tomos moped.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account