cant pedal

i have a 97 targa lx with a kitted 95 engine.

yesterday, on my way home a noticed a soft clicking/dragging sound when in first gear. now when i try to pedal it, it dosent do anything (like a bike with no chain) it still starts by pedaling backwards and runs fine.

has anyone had this or a simular problem? ive never done any real work in the crankcase so this is kinda new to me

thanks

Re: cant pedal

Don Pflueger /

sounds like the chain in the transmission broke.

thats what i was thinking.. is there anything that could happen to it ifi keep driving it? i have the house to myself this weekend and need to be able to get around

You dont want little bits of broken chain floating around in your gears and clutches, that would be bad news. I'd just pull the cover and take a look around, and dont lose the shims/washers. If its just the pedal shaft chain you might as well replace it while your in there.

Grey

Live to ride, Ride to work

Don Pflueger /

well if you have brojken parts floating around inside the tranny, they will only cause a lot more serious damage. may even cause the rear wheel to lock up at high speed.

same thing happened to me i was told it was a 2 way baring and it only caught when goin backwards. sorry i cant help you but i guess youll have to bring to a shop

John Joedicke /

Has anybody got a exploded drawing of this chain and how it works inside the tranny?

Don Pflueger /

the two way bearing only affects the kick start.

Don Pflueger /

mra has one in the moped repair section and so does mopedjunkyard.

OT Re: cant pedal

The same thing happened to me today. I have an 08 Sprint. Im a fat fuck so the ped probably couldnt handle the weight.

Is this something easy to fix? I got shit to do tomorrow.

Digging up this 5 yr old post. This is what happened to mine.

Why won't it show? I'll just attach.

1299230718_hpim0871.jpg

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account