I have a 77 Puch Maxi 2hp and can't seem to keep the engine running right.
I can't get the engine to run with the air filter on. The air filter is clear and you can blow right through it with virtually no restriction. So WHY then does it run like crap with the filter on?????
Engine runs ok with the air filter off. I can reach full speed (rpm) but I have to baby it, and it takes a minute or two. I should be able to twist the throttle and have it put down the torque, but the way it is now (with the air filter off) it gives a little torque. If you open the throttle wide open it bogs down, but if you give it a little more, a little more, a little more gas as it speeds up it can get up to 30+ MPH.
These are all the things I have done wthin the last week or two regarding the fuel system (in other words, very recently):
1. New fuel line.
2. New inline fuel filter (large size, see through).
3. Complete disassembly of carb, soaked all metal parts in carb cleaner, blew out under high pressure with an air compressor, reassembly with new float bowl gasket (thick enough to avoid float getting stuck on bowl).
4. Checked to make sure exhaust system was clear.
5. New spark plug (strong spark).
6. Cleared any blockage from petcock.
Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Bill Johnson, Turlock, CA