Re: Puch not idling

Jeff Hinton /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

The moped was bought in a non-working condition, with the new engine already installed from a person who bought from someone else who installed the engine. It looks stock, except for the bigger carb. I looked at the engine, it's definitely new and everything looked like it was installed properly. After cleaning the points and the carb, replacing the gaskets, it started up the way I described. When I replaced the crankshaft seal, I just lined up the holes with the gasket.

Do you think I could have put it in wrong? The clutch does feel different, but still works how you would think it would work. The clutch lever moves less than it did before.

What is the procedure for installing a clutch? How could I have messed it up when I replaced the crankshaft seal?

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account