wires under the TFR seat?

Emma Griffin /

Riding the moped around the block and it's running better than ever when suddenly it dies. I pull it over and the only thing I can see wrong is that some wires fell out from under the seat and are hanging by the wheel. Bear with me because I know almost nothing about moped repair, so I don't even know what these wires do, I thought they were just for the lights, but would that kill the engine? I'm freaking out because I was riding to my friends to make some fliers to sell the bike, but I'm glad a potential buyer wasn't riding it. If it doesn't have anything to do with the wires what should I be looking for? Thanks guys.

Re: wires under the TFR seat?

On some mopeds the tail light is part of the ignition circuit and has to be connected to make it complete. thanks Ray

The Kinetic is prewired for turn signals so those are probably turn signal wires. You can just stuff them back up under the rear carrier rack. They should nothing to do with the moped dying.

Replace your spark plug and make sure you have enough premix in the tank.

The main carb jet could also have a piece of debris in it and is stopping the gas flow. If that is the case the carb needs to be removed and cleaned.

Pull the fule line off at the fuel petcock on the tank and turn the lever UP and DOWN to see if you have fuel flow. The Kinetic also has an in-line fuel filter, that may need to be replaced.

Emma Griffin /

Thanks for all your help! I hope to have it running again by tonight.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account