Tomos Transmission; Gear & Clutch Drum

Hey guys i solved my circlip problem but im having another problem. My gear is rubbing against the clutch drum and its grinding. I tried to put another shimming behind the clutch drum but now the case wont close. Any ideas?

Re: Tomos Transmission; Gear & Clutch Drum

Ok Matt put the transmission back together as you took it apart. Put all the correct washers in ther correct places. The gear and the clutxh drum are sapposed to be very close. I know it doesn't seem right but that is how it is sapossed to be. Make sure the gear axle and the main crank get alligned with the ball bearings in the right side case. I hope this works for ya, if you need any help just hollar!

Yo cory man I need some major help, you got AIM so we can talk?

Like the problem im having is that it catches now, but the wheel barley moves, and the transmission is REALLY loud when i jus pedal it .. i havent completed it yet but i know that if i turn it on it wont work cause its like when i pedal, its loud, and makes some sort of a clicking sound .. i have all the washers and shit, idk whats wrong

should I use some WD40 on the clutches and gears??? hahaha

Make sure you have the largers washer on the outside of the gear axle and have the thin washer in front of that. Maybe this will help.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account