I really need help Honda PA50

Eric and Marc /

We both repair an honda pa50 II 1981 and the problem is that it not makes any FIRE.

We check for all wire continuity we replace the Coil we change the contact point breaker and check ignition switch an stop and run switch an no fire (we also check with other spark plug)

WATH CAN I DO ELSE please said me if you know anything

thank a lottt

Marc and Eric

Re: I really need help Honda PA50

Go to the Freds Guide in the Resources Section and go thru everything one step at a time.

Are you getting a nice spark when the plug is out of the engine? If you are getting a spark then you need to check the timing.

You may have a defective CDI unit or your wiring is not connected correctly.

See attached wiring diagram for 1981 PA50

1120706950_honda_pa50_1981_wiring.jpg

Eric and Marc /

We not getting any spark when the spark plug is out of the engine

Eric and Marc /

Wath you want to said when you talk about CDI unit is this the rectifier (the little black box with 3 wires) ?

Steamboat Aka J. R. Stevens /

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Factory/1935/Found this in MA resources. Hope it helps. Jim.

Eric and Marc /

But I don't think that is my condenser because all my light working properly

You don't have a condenser in PA50, that function is handled by the CDI unit.

The CDI unit is another little Black box above the battery. It should have 4 wires attached to it.

Eric and Marc /

but I don'T have any bat and any place to put one

Patrick Mattison /

shut the lights off/ disconnect while trying to start. maybe there's not enough voltage. i know that without a battery, only one light/horn will work at a time

Eric and Marc /

I disconnect all my light and I try it...no fire

wath else can I do

Patrick Mattison /

are all the quick disconnects connected in the wire harness? are they all clean? i took apart my whole engine before i realized the ground wasn't connected right.

It's per haps the ground but were the ground is ???

Look at your wiring diagram and find all the wires tha go to a little triangular V shape. The chassis (frame) is the ground but all the wires that have the little V shape on the end are supposed to be attached to the chassis (frame) somewhere.

ok. annd to check them I use a multimeter and see if when i toch to the frame a the wire the electricity is passing (I hope you understand wath I want to say because english is not my first langage)

No!

Using the multimeter set to ohms or resistance remove the wire at the instrument end. With the other end attached to the ground (frame) place one lead of the multimeter on the wire and the other end somewhere on the frame that is not rusted or painted.

You should show continuity on the meter. This shows that the wire is not broken anywhere along its length and that the ground connection at the other end is OK.

I would suggest going to your local library and reading up on automotive electrical circuits.

how about this one? i had this same problem and so i hardwired the bike and bypassed all the other wires. it fires but runs uneven and doesnt really idle. also when i give it gas it almost has no throttle and even kind of bogs down. the spark is strong and it is getting steady fuel flow. perhaps it is the timing? any idea?

The original postings were from 2005

You should post a new topic.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account