TOMOS GAS TANKED F$$CKED UP!!!

my gas started leaking like crazy out of were you turn the gas on/off/reserve, and idk wat to do or if its a big deal...

Re: TOMOS GAS TANKED F$$CKED UP!!!

Any fuel leak can be a very big deal, if it finds a source of ignition. The stuff isn't cheap, either.

Unless the tank or line fittings have come loose, sounds like you're in the market for a new fuel valve. If they start leaking around the lever / knob, about all you can do is replace it.

Is it leaking form the petcock?

Grey

Live to ride, Ride to work

Do you have an LX or a Sprint/Targa? IF it's the LX take the tank OFF OF THE BIKE AND DUMP IT OUT SOMEWHERE SAFELY. If you have a Sprint or Targa, turn the petcock OFF, get a CLEAN gallon jug, disconnect the fuel line from the carburator, and put the end of the fuel line into the jug. Turn the Petcock on RESERVE and allow it to drain completely. You CAN re-use this gas if the jug has been cleaned thurougly.

Next. Take the petcock off. Unscrew the outlet to the petcock and see if the ball-valve inside is working correctly. IF NOT, get a new petcock.

If it IS working correctly, take some PLUMBERS TAPE or PIPE TAPE, the white filmy stuff you use on pipe-thread to prevent leaks. WHIPE DOWN the threads that go INTO the gastank and run 2 WRAPS of tape around the threads. Now, screw it back into the tank.

Check your fuel lines as well. Make sure they connect tight to the petcock and carburator and that there is NO cracks or pinches.

Re-connect all of your hoses and fill the tank with about a cup of gas.

Choke, ON.

Fuel, RESERVE.

Start the bike.

Let it run and see if you still have a leak. If the leak continues. Invest in a new petcock and hoses.

Go nuts.

DannyMoped07

my fuel on/off/reserve wa loose tightened no biggie

Same thing happened to mine about a month after I bought it, the screw on the fitting had worked its way loose.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account