Re: Tomos A3 Bogs

Don Pflueger /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

not everyone has a spare carb, and the carb on an a3 is not easy to get to. the engine needs to be dropped. it should have an encarwi carb, which is a piece of junk to start with, and it is mounted up inside the frame. as i mentioned in my earlier post, i asked if the airbox was mounted correctly. when sliding the engine up into the frame, its easy to knock the airbox off and not notice it. and if that happened, it explains why it bogs when giving it gas, too much air is entering the carb and not enough fuel can flow because it is restricted by main jet size. on the encarwi's, you can access the main jet without removing the carb. it is located on the lower right side of the carb body under a screw. some encarwis have a jet holder mounted in the screw, some have the jet mounted in theemulsion tube up inside the body under the screw.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account