Problem with 2003 hero panther

I have a problem with my 2003 hero majestic panther. When i get past 25 mph there seems to be a noise in my engine(im thinking it is my piston) and whenever i go full speed (when it gets up to max) the noise gets louder like a siren like noise.. and im thinking it is my piston/piston ring... and another thing is whenever i let off the gas when im about to stop, around 25 mph it does the same thing when speeding up to 25 mph... which is kind of weird.

Another thing is when my moped is just sitting on the kickstand after i start it up/when i stop at a stopsign/when im about to shut it off it has like this clacky noise, like something is hitting something inside the engine(sort of like something is loose i think). My friends dad thought it might be piston slap.. but it seems to get worse every week ... What should i do?!?

Re: Problem with 2003 hero panther

take it apart take a look around.........look for things that arent supposed to be there.

i don't relaly know how to take it apart. But, is it easier than you would think? I've taken off all my sidepanels and shit but i just dont know how to do shit with the carb and stuff lol

shadow2u02@yahoo.com /

I HAVE A 2003 PANTHER. IM 99% SHURE THE FIRST PROBLEM IS YOUR BELT IS TOO LOOSE. ADJUST YOUR CHAIN BUT LEAVE ABOYT A 1/2 FREEPLAY UP AND DOWN ON IT. I GET ENGINE NOISE FROM 25 MPH. UP. IM GETTING SPARK KNOCK SOUNDS LIKE A STONE HITTING TIN THE MOR THROTTLE I GIVE IT THE FASTER I GET THE KNOCK. HOW MANY MILES YOU GOT ON YOUR MOTOR.?????? I JUST TOOK THE HEAD OFF MINE AND REMOVED THE CARBON FROM THE HEAD AND TOP OF PISTON . I USED CARB CLEANER TO CLEAN THEM . NEED ABOUT 2 SPRAY CANS OF THAT. ALSO A BUTTER KNIFE DONT USE A KNIFE WITH THE LITTLE TEETH.BRING THE PISTON TO THE TOP OF CYLINDER AND JUST TAKE YOUR TIME CLEANING IT. THE HEAD BOLTS ARE 7/16 REMOVE THE NUTS AND WASHERS THE HEAD COMES OFF EASY THERE IS A THIN METAL GASKET REMOVE IT SAVE IT AND PUT IT BACK ON WHEN ITS TIME AND YOU DONT NEED ANY SEALER JUST USE THE BARE GASKET. WHEN YOU TIGHTEN THE NUTS GO IN AN X PATTERN TOP LEFT NUT BOTTOM RIGHT NUT TOP RIGHT NUT BOTTOM LEFT NUT. AFTER YOU RUN YOUR MOTOR YOU NEED TO TIGHTEN THEM AGAIN LIKE AFTER A 10 OR 15 .MINUTE RIDE BECAUSE THEY WILL GET LOOSE FROM THE HEAT . I CHECKED MINE 2 TIMES TO MAKE SHURE MY HEAD WAS TIGHT. GOOD LUCK DOUG IN TX.

Or, If your running the side plates, check and make sure that it isn't vibrating on something, like the petcock, I thought mine was going to blow up,then found it was just the metal side plate making the noise.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account