No Spark From My '78 Puch Magnum XK

I have been working on this problem for four month now and still haven't made any progress. I have replaced the magnetos, the condensor, the points, the high tension coil, the plug cover and wire, and the plug (BoschW8AC. I have tried both a resitstor cover and a non-resistor cover (NGK LB05F and a GYK LB0F).

I am getting a strong, blue spark when I hold the exposed wire directly to the cylinder block. Is it possible that my flywheel is not producing enough current? That is the only thing I haven't replaced.

Thanks,

blues

Re: No Spark From My '78 Puch Magnum XK

Ben Van Zoest /

Did you say or mend from the wire after unscrewing the problematic oem metal Bosch cap which I did to eliminate.

I got a generic spark plug connector and everything was fine after. Testing w Ohm meter proved the Bosch cap was open,

not conducting.

I have tested both caps with an Ohm meter. The one cap has about 4.5K Ohms and the other has no resistance (0K Ohms). They are both plastic caps.

It it possible that the flywheel is weak, not producing enough current? That is the only thing I have not replaced.

What to you mean by "mend from the wire"? Cutting off excess wire?

See Ya Moped Army /

Make sure the magnets inside the flywheel aren't all rusty or missing. Clean off any rust if present.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account