moby muffler, not so muffled

so i have all the nuts and the crush nut for the muffler but it is still loud. it isnt as loud as it was before but its just doesnt sound right.

is this supposed to be this loud and if not what else can i do?

Re: moby muffler, not so muffled

Mike Scouty McScoutington /

do you have a new copper gasket? i hate to sound like a broken record, but 1977 mopeds has them and they go for cheap. (269)34-1977

Hmm, the crush washer really quieted mine down, when it was still running. Look on a Harley site for a "Loud Pipes Save Lives" t-shirt or sticker for your helmet, and then everyone will assume it's loud on purpose!

i do have a new one in there, i got it from MW. maybe i a missing something else, there is the crush washer then 2 other washers, then the threaded nut. is there any other piece, every pic. i see of it only shows those parts

NICE! thats a good idea. i wish i liked it being loud but i want it quiet. i am not a big fan of the ssound a loud moped muffler makes

bandit,

Is the noise actually coming from the cylinder/muffler joint?

If not, then make sure the muffler is complete, baffle has not come loose etc. Thanks to the oil in the mixture, the mufflers on 2-strokes tend not to rust out from the inside.

Mike Scouty McScoutington /

and hell while your at it why not clean the carbon build up from the inside of the pipe. it shoud make your moby happy, and everyone knows that a happy moby is a friendly moby.

its coming from the joint. the nut on the baffle is tight

it is clean... but still not happy : (

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account