motor not running right

Garret Rohwedder /

i have a 78 carabella and i just bought a brand new carbuerater and magneto/coil. and it will start up and as long as i keep my speed up i runs fine.but as soon as i give it 1/2 or less throttle it dies. i have tried too adjust the idle screww and the cable at the top of the carb but i still wont run at less than 1/2 throttle. i dont get it it has a new carb/air filter. does any one else?

thanks

garret

Re: motor not running right

Mike Scouty McScoutington /

what kinda carb did you get? is everything put together right with the carb, ie: the choke slide properly installed.

Garret Rohwedder /

it the same carbuerator thats on it before (dellorto sha14.14) it came asssembled and it must be a preset carb becuase there is no high or low end mixture screws, just one that contols the hieght of the slide (idle)

Mike Scouty McScoutington /

if i were you i would go ahead and take the carb apart and clean it. from their you can make sure that it is back together right and see what you have from there. the dellorto sha is a nice carb.

Garret Rohwedder /

i took the carb apart cleaned it and put it back together right and it still wont idle or run at 1/2 throttle or less. do you think that it needs a different size jet or something stupid like that?

garret

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account