Help Define "upright" when filling Puch

Just curious how you guys fill your Puchs' with the trans oil. Not sure if anyone noticed but depending on if your bike is on the stand (resting on front or rear tire) or sitting upright off the stand determines how much trans fluid it will hold.

The Puch owners manual for a Magnum says fill the bike when it is "upright". Upright to me means standing straight up.

So what position of upright do you fill your trans in? On the stand with back tire down? Front tire down? Or upright without stand.

The is all on level ground ofcourse...

Re: Help Define "upright" when filling P

i doubt it makes enough of a difference to cause trouble. I think upright means rubber side down.

by upright they mean on the stand and straight so that the bike doesn't lean left or right while you pour the ATF. and yes the manual does assume we're boneheads...

Tom Carney /

Yeah but you can put a hell of a lot more fluid in if the bike is resting on the back tire as opposed to resting on front.

off the stand, level

9.5 ounces period "one speed" "Level Or not" Jim

I believe the Puch Owners and Service Manuals call for

5.5 ounces of ATF type "F" for the one speed and

9.5 ounces of ATF type "F" for the two speed.

You can't overfill the one speed but you can the two speed resulting in dire consequences in performance.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account