Morini engine seized...

I just got a Pacer moped for a fix up project and the engine is seized at the piston and cylinder. I have been spraying PB blaster penatrating catalyst into the intake and exhaust ports and it sinks in very slowly, but still it won't budge. There are no signs of oxidation or anything unusual. Is it even possible to un-seize an engine? Maybe stick it in a freezer so the parts shrink down in size a little bit? Pleeease help me..

Re: Morini engine seized...

try searching this forum (or is it performance tuning??); there was a good thread about dealing with stuck pistons a while back that gave some good suggestions for getting physical with it..

Peter Chudzik /

yeah I found some old posts and it was only a matter of minutes before I got the thing unstuck, wasn't seized all that badly. The piston rings are totally F'd, though... gotta keep fighting the good fight

See Ya Moped Army /

Even if you unstick the piston, the bearings might be rusted as well.

Is that Pacer the '77 that was on Ebay a couple days ago? Orange w/ a brown/gold tank and checkers? If so, nice lookin' ped, my buddy and I were watching that thing like hawks for a bit... hahaha.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account