Re: help with piston rings, seem to tight? help

ethan /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

okay, well i bought rings a little bit too big, for my model, they were a lil bit to long, not to fat. they when fully compressed and each end touching the pin would not go in so i cut a tiny bit off and made it like the other end and it worked great with 0.012 gap, when i said no gap i meant no visual huge gap like without the rings type of gap

the rings are not the problem, its the head gasket, it will not fit snugly on the end that sticks out, it will leave a amount of the thinckness of the head gasket when tightened down, this this not snug on there but does tighten down as much as it will go, but still a gap?

when i try it without the headgasket it will go on all the way but feel too loose, this is without tightening it on, i have read the manual, nothing in there will help

this is the head gasket. You NEED to READ the MANUAL. You will soft sieze if its not gap right or if the cylinder is egg shape.

how do i sieze the head or gasket? i need help it has a gap when i put it on, almost like its slightly warped? can any one help?

as far as trying to get it to run with that small gap it wont start up only run with the clutch engauged, when i let the clutch out it dies down? heellllppp

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account