Maxi Fuel Fitting

I lost the fitting/bolt that attaches the fuel valve to the gas tank. Can any similar bolt be used? Anyone know the size?

1119543822_dscn0059.jpg

Re: Maxi Fuel Fitting

Brian Mikami /

If you're talking about the 'nut', I doubt you'll find it at any hardware store. It's like a collar as it has to pull the valve into the tank threads so both kinda spin in opposite directions. If your fuel valve looks bad and both filters look sketchy, get a new one. It will come with a new nut.

Wahoo! I found it. I spend 3 hours searching through the grass in my backyard with a magnet and a rake. I felt like I was in "Honey, I Shrunk the Kids"!

Jason Luther /

heh heh. believe it or not i found a carb jet after about 3 days in my driveway

Brian Mikami /

Kool, try not to lose your nut next time...LOL

well i ended up breaking the nut i spend all day looking for. i tried to ratchet it on because i was getting a slight fuel leak, and in the process the bolt actually split.

but i actually found a replactment at pepboys. they werent very much help so i ended up opening about ten different little boxes and finally found a match.

Metermite 5/16" IF TUBE UNION Part #43377

http://www.motormitedormancatalog.com/

Brian Mikami /

Lost nut, found nut, split nut...damn. The nut should be metric, ya don't wanna strip out the tank fitting and valve...you'll have big leak issues. Good luck.

Meg,

I have a spare nut, if you still need it. If it was leaking, you need the gasket too.. I think I have that as well (it's inside the nut).

Yeah, I guess what I got as a replacement nut wasn't right either and ended up crossthreading the fuel valve. But after looking at replacements online I realized the petcock it was using was missing entire pieces. So, Im getting a full replacement from MaxMagnem (He's parting out his Maxi).

1119878569_fuelvalve.jpg

Brian Mikami /

Getting a used petcock is OK, but it's not that expensive to buy a new one. Gotta make sure the 2 screen filters are perfect or crap will get in your carb. I was shocked to see my petcock with both filters gone...I did a total resto, so no biggie and I run an external fuel filter.

The petcock I was using didnt have any filters; the tubing was broken way before the curve. So, anything else will be a huge step up.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account