newb question about horn...

I am really new to this, so I have to ask the question...

{Swallow's Pride}

Where is the horn on an '86 Puch maxi?

I don't even know where to look. I've been slowly dismantling and reassembling the bike to familiarize myself with it and to install new parts, but I havnen't come across the horn. All I know is that nothing happens when I press the horn button.

cheers,

-charles

Re: newb question about horn...

it is usually in the middle of the forks but yours might not be connected if you cant find it. try to follow the wires from the button, mine are color cordinated

it's right behind the speedometer.if the wires are dicsonected the ped won't run.if the horn failed the wires were probably disconected and the wires themselves conected so the bike would run.Jim

These guys are right, between the front forks and behind the headlight/under the speedo.

However, because yours is an '86, I think by that point they had fixed it so that when lights/horns stopped working, the bike would still run. I know that my '78 Magnum MKII has the problem where if the horn's not working, or any of the lights are blown, it won't get spark, but I thought they fixed that.

Anyway, welcome to the forums, and happy 'pedding!

George Smith /

:::pats his jawa none of that wiring series non-sense::: heh

FOund the horn, or lack thereof. There's a butt-connector where the horn should be... Not sure if i'm going to "fix" this "problem" :-)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account