peugeot TSM restoration

Chris Mcgarry /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

so i picked up a TSM in pretty rough shape the other day. i must say, upon reflection, that this puts my other rare top tank (puch cobra) to shame. that is, if it runs like they say it will. i got it pretty cheap which is good cause its going to take some bucks to get it in good working order again.

anyway, i noticed one of the front fork boots was split and to find out what kind of damage it did, i pulled off the left front fork housing (?) and found it full of a water/grease concoction. a handful of rust spots, but otherwise better than expected

i'd like to know how far down i need to pull apart the shock to get it in good working order again. how do i go about doing this? there was a very long bolt sticking out of the bottom with a nut and a few metal sleeves around the bulk of the shock that seemed to spin freely, one large one with a slit down the side. im not experienced in messing with shocks so i'd like to know if its really necessary to completely open it up.

also: i cant seem to find much of anything in the way of info on the TSM model. 50cc.nl doesnt even have it listed, was it called something different in europe? will 103 parts (cylinder kits, exhausts, etc) work with it for the most part? the cylinder and piston seem etched (it actually softsiezed on me while test riding it and the piston rings fell apart moments after this upon inspection) so i fear they (cyl and piston) may be shot and would like to just get a 70cc kit as a replacement.

any info on this weird bike would be nice

-c

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account