1987 Motomarina Raven

Ok I just purchased this 1987 Motomarina Raven today for 75.00. It is a non-runner. But I am trying everything to get it running again. It has gas, compression, but no spark. It has a brand new coil on it. I have posted some pictures for you guys so you know what i mean. There are three gray wires also not grounded but i don't know what they are for. So could you guys help me that now motomaina's better than I do. Also could you tell me a little info on this bike and the motor since i am new to this brand.

Thanks,

Cory Mohr

Re: 1987 Motomarina Raven

1119229481_87_motomarina_001.jpg

1119229504_87_motomarina_002.jpg

1119229534_87_motomarina_003.jpg

1119229561_87_motomarina_004.jpg

1119229588_87_motomarina_005.jpg

1119229614_87_motomarina_006.jpg

See Ya Moped Army /

I believe those grey wires need to be grounded. It should have a Minarelli V1 motor on it. The V1 is one of the most bulletproof moped motors out there. My Raven does a cool 37 mph totally stock.

should all three of those wires be grounded on one bolt or on three diferent bolts....if you could please take a picture of your wiring on your moped and then I ca compare. But all my lights and horn work...but i sill don't get spark to the engine.

bump

See Ya Moped Army /

Ground all of them to the one of the bolts that holds the coil to the frame.

ok i will try that, thanks.

Dave Peterson /

Have you checked the points?

Cory,

Nice ped lol. I could have told you that all 3 of those wires are grounds and need to be grounded either seperately or on 1 screw on the neg side of the coil. It does get spark, but I got spark by just hooking up the red wire to the coil, and grounding the blue wire to the neg on the coil. I'm sure the magneto and all is good on it, because it had a nice blue spark. I was thinking that maybe the wires are grounding out up by the kill switch?? Or maybe in the magneto somewhere?? I wasn't too sure what was going on with the spark. Also did you replace all 3 missing bulbs?? It should have been in the manual what bulbs it took?? Love the pics though, I know you'll get her running in no time!

I have replaced all the bulbs and now all the accesorries work. I will try that thanks for the help angie.

I have also fixed the choke with a new lever and have the gas hooked up to the carb.

Update: It now runs and idiles very well....but when i hit the throttle it bogs out and dies. So could some one help me.

bump

Cory,

I'm very glad to hear you got it running. How does it sound?? Have you test driven it yet or anything??? Check and make sure the jet is clean and the fuel flow is good.

Ok I got it to hit top speed. It is a blast to ride. I found out that it was the "homemade" petcock i made that was putting too much gas in the carb which was making it bogging out when i hit the throttle.

What's the top speed it runs?? I'm sure it's pretty fast. Glad to hear you have it running though :) Hope if you ever want to sell it, you'll look me up again lol. I am very happy for you, you truly are talented with mopeds. Good job and good luck :)

Thanks, If I do want to sell it I will look at you first.

Thanks Cory. I was really only kidding. I know you probably won't want to sell it for a really long time lol. I'm more than happy with the Trac I'm getting. I'm just so happy you got that moped running. Well have fun with it, and once I get my new one, I'll have to swing by and show you sometime :)

Ok sounds good. Here she is all together again, but I still need to clean her up a little to make her really stand out.

1119568876_misc_05_071.jpg

I just did a complete tune-up on it and rode it around 10miles today and its a really smooth but fast ride!

Nice job Cory!!! Looks really great.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account