tomos plugs-rust colored and fouling fast?

what does it mean when my plug is a bright red rust color also they start fouling after about 75 miles and get hard to start.......any ideas?????

Re: tomos plugs-rust colored and fouling fast?

Steamboat Aka J. R. Stevens /

What year and brand of moped?. Is the plug oil fould? Please suppy more info. Jim.

Red is not bad. What kind of plug is it. Is it the original?

How do you know it's the spark plug fouling?

Tried new spark plug?

What happens? Engine quits? Answer, Damn it!!

how many miles?

its somewhere around an 80 model tomos a35 new ngk plugs used runs and starts good when plug is new. then plug gets dry rusty color and gets hard to start when engine is warm

ngk plug, new. gets rust colored and then moped doesnt want to start when warm.

new plug ngk for tomos about 75 miles on plugs before they get hard to start when hot

how many miles on the engine

you are mixing your gas with too much oil....use what your manufacturer recommends

Mike

alot of miles on the engine......new plug works fine for about 2 or 3 weeks then it dont want to start when warm and the plugs becont rust colored. i bought a hotter plug once but it did the same thing......i was wondering if i should change the main jet or something....

that sounds about right...sometimes i just guess and add extra to be sure i have enough...i guess i need to find a small measuring cup to keep under the seat enough for a few ounces.......thanks mike...

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account