*1976 Puch; Help!*

I have a 1976 Puch Maxi. I need to know how to attach the throttle cable into the stock carb. The carb is original and the cable is a genuine puch replacement. I had to rebuild the carb anyway, and I did need a new cable, so I tore it apart. I couldn't get the old cable out, so I cut it out. I can't get the new one into the carb!

Re: *1976 Puch; Help!*

did you take off the top bracket where ur throttle cable goes inside?

there should be a spring that will shoot this casing upwards then u take the cable end into the shutter or slider and compress the spring and then close the top and it should work?

do you get my drift?

Jason Luther /

yeah, its hard to explain over the internet. but the cable goes through the spring and down through the larger hole in the slide, then as you are compressing the spring and the slide move the little cable nib over to the smaller hole in the slide. i also find it easier (when you are putting the top of the carb back on) to put the slide assembly in about half way first, then put the choke plate in, and push them all of the way down together. just dont force anything, you can damage stuff real easy. growing a third arm would be very helpful.

See, that's the problem... I can't get the new one in because I can't get it to slide from the big slot to the small one. I knew it had to go in that way, but it won't. the old one wouldn't come out of the small slot, so I cut it out. All of it is out, so there shouldn't be anything blocking it. It just won't slide over to the other slot. By the way, I really appreciate you guys helping ne out with this.

take it out and put it in and then put the spring on and compress by hand and then slide the slide in and close the top cover of the carb with the two screws, should work,

u have to pull the slide out to get the cable in

hope this helps any

Jason Luther /

are you pushing the cable nib past through the big hole then up into the smaller? also do you have the other end connected to the throttle grip yet? if so you might try disconnecting it from up there so you get the most slack you can get.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account