moby killswitch and starting inconsistantly

ok on the left of the bike is the engine on/horn switch. when the engine is on and i want to shut it off i turn it to the right and it wont shut off, i end up having to pull the decompression lever to stop the engine. is this how your supposed to shut it off or am i going to f@!# everything up by doing that

also the damn thing wont start the same every time. sometimes it starts with one kick but sometimes i have to run it to get it going. is this the ignition timing?

Re: moby killswitch and starting inconsistantly

That all sounds like normal stuff to me. Dont worry about it.

Sometimes mopeds are hard to start.

Using the decomp to stop engine is correct.

I disable my igntion switch by disconnecting the wires near the high tension coil. That takes the crap switch out of the loop.

ok cool so i think my ped is in good shape then

awesome im thrilled, by the way i road it for about a half hour straight and hit a flat stretch of road and watched my speedo hit just over 30mph!!!

woohoo

thanx for all the help dan i apreciate it all

peace

durrr... you know where to get a key that gos to the fork lock, i would like one just as an extra security measure?

Locksmith, give them all the data you can get off the lock, should have a number on it. They will want 10-20 bucks and your drivers license. I've done it. The lock is worthless but neat.

hey thanx man

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account