Columbia Tire help?

OK, I know to use the search button, no luck. I have a 1978 Columbia Imperial, the back tire is now flat. I have the manual and the part # it calls for. Here is the description: 734-0774 Tire Only 21 x 2.25. NOW, the tire that is on there is a 17 x 2.25, I really am just not sure what to get as far as size and a good tire. If I could get out of Paying $30 for a tire that would be great. Thanks for the help.

Stacey

Re: Columbia Tire help?

Cheng Shin tires should be around $20 bucks a pop and come in 17x2 1/4 (21x 2 1/4 as shown on some mopeds). And a new tube should be about $10.

Grey

Live to ride, Ride to work

JC Whitney sells a 17x2.25 Cheng-Shin for around $16.99 + shipping. You can buy a set for around $45, including shipping. They also have tubes and rimstrips. CS tires are cheap, but they work well and are a decent value for the money.

Handybikes has an Indian made HIndustan tire in this size, for about the same price. No idea of quality.

OK, I found these tires: Michelin Gazell Moped 2.25-17 Front/Rear 2 SM04 $8.05. Are these good tires? Thanks for the heads up so far.

Stacey

Michelin tires are just fine. They are reasonably long wearing, and come as OEM parts on the Motobecane (and probably the Peugeot as well).

The tread on the Gazelle looks un-moped like to me, The VM100 tread is much more like what I'd expect on a ped.

But tell me.. where did you find them for $8 ?? I want some, at that price.

yea just go hit up a motorcycle store and throw a regular tire on.

shipping last night bu adding them to my cart. They were still show up at $8. Now this morning as Im ready to buy they go to $16, not sure Im gonna do it now, but here is the link:

http://www.tiresunlimited.com/ALL%20TIRES/Michelin/michelin_gazelle_moped.htm

I added them to my cart and 1 shows up at 16.

Stacey

$16 sounds more like it plus you'll have to pay for shipping (?). I just got a tire at a motorcycle shop 17x2.25 for $16 and the tube for about $4. You'll probably avoid paying shipping that way.

Well I guess I just got another "Living in Arkansas Tax". Not one cycle shop in my town carries that size tire. I will be looking for good deals in the future and stocking up. Thanks for the help.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account