HELP REINSTALL METAL PISTON RINGS

i took off my master cylinder and the block and the 2 rings on the piston are metal and are pushing away from the piston and wont slide into the block how do i get the block badk on?

some one help me out

Re: HELP REINSTALL METAL PISTON RINGS

You mean head and cylinder? A master cylinder controls the brake or clutch hydraulics in cars or motorcycles.

You want to compress the rings into the piston, slip the piston into the bottom of the cylinder(making sure the piston is in the right direction), slide the cylinder down on the cylinder studs on the motor (slide the cylinder down while compressing the rings with your hand. Once the piston is in the cylinder, insert the piston pin into the connecting rod and slide the head down onto the block. Be sure to use some two-stroke oil on the cylinder, piston and rings and the piston pin needle bearing.Go slow and be careful to prevent breaking the rings. And use new gaskets.

Grey

Live to ride, Ride to work

i need new rings for my piston where can i get them from

i need 2 of them, mine now are metal

its a 50 cc minereli v1 motor

anyone know where i can get these cheap? thanks alot

Err, they're all metal.. cast iron in fact.

oh damn, i always put the piston onto the connecting rod first haha, wow that way seems much easier...oh well, at least im good at both ways now eh?

thanks for the help i just need some rings now, anyone who had a v1 and upgraded have these lying around?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account