What is this?

Right...on my intake pipe, where the carb bolts onto it...there is a nipple sticking out near the top.

I've checked on pics etc but I haven't seen this.

I'm curious to what it is. Any help is appreciated.

Re: What is this?

Possibly the place where the oil injection line hooks up. Plug it if you are using pre mix.

Just a note- try and post questions with what moped and motor you have- some people don't have all their stuff in their profile.

Ok I will.

I dont use pre-mix :\

All the injector pipes are connected. This musta had something connected to it at least, as this is a bit of old tubing on there with a little metal ring.

Back to previous question. What is the make/model?

A photo would help also.

Its a 1978 Honda NC50 Express. I cant get hold of a photo right now, but its just a nipple sticking out of the top of intake pipe. Where it turns to have the carb bolted on, its there.

Theres a photo of a bike on my profile.

Where do you have the oil injection hooked up?

From what I remember on the express I had, the hose went down to the pump from the tank, and from the pump to the nipple behind the carb.

I think there is also an overflow tube on the bottom of the carb bowl, but that's just for when you drain the carb.

Yes you are right. But this is just randomly sticking out on the intake pipe. I took it off and the bike just started to die cos of the extra air. No clue what it is for.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account