Re: Throttle cable adjustment on '78 Columbia w/ S

NB0tt aholetechbro /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

No, It was actually fine before. When I take the cable end out of the throttle handle it's fine. It's just that the cable is too short I think...

I'm guessing it's because the cable is for the sachs engine but not necessarly for the columbia bike itself.

My friend said to try removing some of the plastic (cableing?) to shorten up the cable itself and add more slack on the wire which would actually work.

So I took a razor and cut about a little less than an inch off the of the plastic housing but underneath that is like a metal coil wrapping around another small plastic sheath which houses the actually wire/cable.

So I don't know what to do now., I don't know how to cut out that plastic/metal wrap around stuff. Is there a way to do that?

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account