Oil pressuer gauge?

I was wondering if I could add a oil pressuer (I cant seem to spell today Grrr) gauge into my oil pump. I love the oil injection system, but I don't want to be replacing topends. If I could somehow add one in, and the gauge suddenly dropped I could shut off my moped right away. What do you think?

Re: Oil pressuer gauge?

Check out this baby, Made for computer watercooling http://www.highspeedpc.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=FlowProRev3&Category_Code=FanTempFlow

You could use something like that with a switch to activate an alarm or warning light.

Grey

Live to ride, Ride to work

i think its a great idea to have such a thing.. now all we need is a clever idea about how to do it in something approaching a cost effective manner.

i was searching the net about the pros and cons of oil injection and there's still a debate raging in the small aircraft /ultralight industry. You'd think at least people who's lives are on the line would have made a decision one way or the other..

Steamboat Aka J. R. Stevens /

Check out any water craft site, same thing. Jim.

Correct me if I'm wrong on this folks, but aren't the oil-injection pumps used on most mopeds the 'impulse' type. They don't hold any nominal, steady pressure, but just give a single shot on every revolution of the engine.. ?

My point is, I'm not sure how much a gauge would tell you.

I believe that most of the idiot-light sensors for cars come on at very low pressures, like 3-5psi. Maybe there is enough pressure to make the output from that type of sensor useful.

John Joedicke /

Legend I believe you are right. Pessure gage would be a no go on this set-up. All these machines that have oil lites are just showing lub level in the tanks. What is wrong with looking at the level, they don't use enough to really worry very often.

i'd make the dummy light useful by removing the oil pump and premixing.. Then installing the dummy light in the fuel tank as a gas gauge.

Oil pressuer gauge?

Steamboat Aka J. R. Stevens /

Do the common oil-injected peds, like the Tomos, have the cable that also controls pump flow, like on a motorcycle?

Something like the flow meter i posted "should"work with some thinking. Like legendre said, i dont think the moped oil injection system would even have enough pressure to work a pressure gauge. Of course you could simplify the design, you just need it to work as a switch to activate a buzzer or light.

Grey

Here is a link to some flow activated switches. http://www.crydom.com/products/productFamilyList.aspx?idProductLine=8

Grey

Andrew Squiggman /

It would be a super low pressure

Nice job bumping a nearly eleven year old thread.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account