Re: 80 Puch Maxi compression?

Peter Piper /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

ok. By turn over I mean that the flywheel turns and the engine is turning-it literally sounds like the engine is running but the sparkplug isnt in. I don't think its the sparkplug because I put the old one in and still had the same problem. The maxi just has a starting lever that you pull back and then petal your ass off. My finger isn't grounding the ignition, or I would feel it believe me, because i have the base of the spark plug grounded to the cylinder head as it says in freds guide. When I leave the sparkplug hole uncovered, and ground the base of the sparkplug to the cylinderhead, then try and start it I get plenty of spark and the engine turns and sounds like it really wants ro run. but if i do the same thing except plug the spark plug hole with my finger, i could petal all day and night and not get a spark or get the flywheel/engine to turn. freds guide says that if you plug the spark plug hole with your finger then try and start it the pressure from the piston should have more that enough power to force your finger from the hole. So im thinking that its a compression issue because its not blowing my finger out of the hole

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account