Gasket?

Matthew Westberg /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Okay, I’m looking for a new gasket for the float bowl chamber on the stock Gurtner carb on my 79 Moby. The old one is just about done and it’s likely affecting vacuum.

I was going to make a new gasket out of liquid gasket, but it’s a moped carb, you have to disassemble and re-assemble them so often that that’s a nonsense idea. A paper-type gasket like the original would be much better, but I don’t know how to cut one myself that fine and have it not be ragged-edged and a perfect fit.

Anyway, just looking for suggestions in the following order:

1 – Does anyone know anybpdy who would actually have those gaskets? Online parts listings are a nightmare and have nothing so finicky as all that.

2 – Could you suggest a way cut such a small, fine gasket from a sheet of gasket material with clean edges?

3 – Any way at all I could make liquid gasket work without messing up my fuel system and having the damn thing fall apart on me when I dis-assemble the carb?

Thanks.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account