1977 garelli fuel problem

Troy Weisenmiller /

hi,

im workin on a 77 garelli and its haveing troubles starting.

i know its the gas, cause sprk is good and compression is as well.

i also put a bit of gas into the cylinder head and it will run for 3 secinds and turn off again.

i have cleaned the carb 2 times now and dont know whats it doing that. one thing i do know is the choke is open cause it wont shut right, would that have anything to do with it?

Re: 1977 garelli fuel problem

Leon Swarmer /

The reason the choke is thre is for cold starting the engine. it can make a lot of difference.

Did you also clean the banjo fuel filter on the side of the carb?

Troy Weisenmiller /
troy OP

yes i did clean the fuel filter, and the choke is not engaged, i know it is open so that should be fine, but then again, maybe its closing for soem odd reason when i assemble everything again?

Make sure there is fuel coming out of your petcock. Also a good way to clean carb is strip it down and boil the METAL parts to get all of the gunk out.

Troy Weisenmiller /
troy OP

gas is def comin out of the petcock, first thing i checked, i know better haha

i guess im goin to have to spend like a good couple hours tryin to get the carb clean.

Leon Swarmer /

open is not fine....unless you are going to spray starting fluid through the carb. You need the fuel mix richer as it starts and for the first minute or two.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account