Re: Motobecane help

Will /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

First let me say thanks to all who replied. I did figure that lever on the sprocket cover had something to do with getting this little ped going, as before I posted I had already turned it both ways. After reading your responses I went back to the garage and tried again with no better luck. I can turn the lever all the way counter clockwise and it pedals like a bicycle just fine. When I turn the lever clockwise it does feel like it engages, but I'm not sure it engages all the way because the lever still feels a little spongy and it still doesn't engage the motor. BTW I'm trying all this with the bike on the center stand as I don't know if this makes any difference. I tried turning the back wheel backwards also and it doesn't make any difference. What else should I look for? Or what is my next step?

Thanks Will

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account