Re: General 5 Star wiring diagram

Larry Ward /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Hey Joew: Looks like you're helping again! Man I owe you a bunch of beers. I really like this General and the engine a marinelli looks like its pretty good, lots of compression. Something is stopping the engine from getting spark. Like I said I separated the red and blue wires from the magneto and ran the red directly to the coil and it fired a nice fat blue spark. So it must be in the wiring. I looked at the MRA site and found a general with a Sachs engine but the wiring looked the same. I think the key switch has something to do with it, you can tuern the kety and lock the fork but the key won't come out. I traced the wires to the headlight and took a look and didn't physically see a problem. I did a cursory ohm check and din't find a cause. It's one of those cool things to investigate. I have someone coming to look at the Hobbit tomorrow. I hope it sells I really dispise that little bugger. How about it when a guy at Moped Madenss took it for a ride and said it was one of the faster ones. I guess I'm too used to a Targa. I think this General will run well. Do they still make and import Generals?

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account