Honda Express has 0 power!

I just picked up a 1982 Honda Express. It runs but poorly. It will idle all day long but it bogs when I give it gas. I doesn't die, it just bogs. It does not have the power to drive with me sitting on it (no I am not fat). Even on the center stand it takes a long time for the rear wheel to spin up to speed. I have cleaned the carb a few times. It is missing some things and I do not know if it is hurting the performance. It is missing battery, carb covers and filter. Has new plug, fresh gas. What else can I check? Thanks

Re: Honda Express has 0 power!

Leon Swarmer /

Be thankful it won't rev up. If it does and you don't have a battery in it, you pop a $30.00 headlight.

Look up Jax184's post about garage sale expresses.

Filters are very important for these to run well.

Express or express II or Urban?

KLeon

well could be crudy engine...but the bogging that ive been experiencing has been because of too much air in the air intake...

i had a similar problem on my puch. make sure you have the right size jet in there and the spark plug is gapped correctly. too big of a jet will foul the plug though so don't get greedy. just play around with it maybe even try taking off the air filter and then starting it up. if it is better but still bogging, it is probably the jet size that is screwing you over.

Don Pflueger /

you need the airbox and filter to be installed, and you need to clean out the exhaust.

Leon Swarmer /
« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account