Tomos Leaking (pic)... help!

Hi guys,

I have a leak that is going all over my chain and on my back rim.... its way too much oil, and i cant stand looking at all the mess.... I took off the sprocket today and reved the engine, and oil squirts out from around the pedal shaft. If you see in the picture below, the metal rode that holds the pedal.... follow that towards the moment the threading starts.... its leaking from under the threading, around the pedal rode..... anyone know how i can solve this? What exactly is the problem?

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/sticky_rice123/leak.jpg

1118038459_leak.jpg

Re: Tomos Leaking (pic)... help!

See Ya Moped Army /

There a big oil seal there. You need to remove and replace it.

Don Pflueger /

larrys right. that is a very common seal that leaks.

is that seal you speak of inside the casing (out of sight?)

Here is another picture.... the yellow highlight is where it is leaking from. Is the seal that you are talking about the one i highlighted in blue?... cause i purchased one, but didnt install it cause it turns out not to be leaking from there...

1118057143_leak2.jpg

Francisco Samayoa /

Max. I have the same problem. I live in Port Credit and drive to Toronto every day. I installed an Airsal 70 cc, bullet and 60jet.

If you dont mind I would like to see how you dissemble your bike when you try and fix it. Perhaps I can be of some help and at the same time learn how fix my own bike.

By the way where did you purchase the seal?

Thanks and hope hear from you soon!

I got the seal from Ikes Bikes....

Anyone know what the solution to my problem is?

See Ya Moped Army /

It has to be that seal.

Donp-Help!

Francisco Samayoa /

Would you please tell us how to get to the leaking seal to replace it.(step by step). I'm afraid to open the motor and then not being able to put it back together. Do I need new gaskets for the motor?

"I took off the sprocket today and reved the engine, and oil squirts out from around the pedal shaft. If you see in the picture below, the metal rode that holds the pedal…. follow that towards the moment the threading starts…. its leaking from under the threading, around the pedal rode….

Please and thank you.

Re: Donp-Help!

Don Pflueger /

what you can do is.....

use a small prick punch and punch a tiny hole in the outer edge of the seal. then use a slide hammer with a small sheet metal screw and thread the screw into the hole you punched. be extremely careful not to scratch or nick the shaft or it will never stop leaking. pull the seal out. get a piece of pvc tubing that is the same diameter as the outside diameter of the seal, and is about 5-8 inches in length. use this pvc pipe to drive the new seal into the engine case. make sure it goes in evenly and set it in a mm or two further than the original seal was located. doing this allows the lip of the new seal to ride on a part of the shaft that has not been worn by the old seal. it will seat a lot better.

i dont understand this... cause the leak isnt coming from around the big seal, but instead from somwhere inside the bike.... in my second picture, the yellow highlighted area is where the leak is coming from... not the blue highlighted area.

ivew got al eak cmoing form my bike too, but i havent located where exactly it is coming from.

See Ya Moped Army /

Try writing english.

I knew you would like that

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account