1970 motobecane clutch

i as wondering how to take off my clutch my clutch on my 1970 motobecane. I thing the is a bearing problem because it makes a funny sound. i need to take it apart but i do not know how??

do i need a puller tool? and waht do they look like?

thanks

patrick

Re: 1970 motobecane clutch

Mike Scouty McScoutington /

you need a puller. you can get them from moped warehouse. it is a bolt with a threaded hole down the center with another bolt in it. you screw the bolt in and then turn the other one. this pops your clutch off. you can also get pullers from the summet racing store or small engine places.

1970? Take a look at the motobecane manuals and specifically the Motobecane Repair Manual on THIS page ..

"HERE":http://www.mopedriders.org/article_view.php?faq=2&fldAuto=18 is the Repair manual link.

can't tell the date of the manual but someone made a mark at the end as pre-1978 electrical diagrams.. anyway, it should be close enough to give you a few clues about motobecanes in general.

themopedjunkyard.com has it for 25 or 30 dollars. it's amazing how much a rusty pair of bolts can cost, i had to buy one myself.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account