Re: First light (Columbia/Solo)

E K /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Legendre,

That's great! :o) I wonder if some kid owned that moped and broke everything, or had a wipeout.

I'm surprised that you were able to get it to start just by kick starting it due to these engines' high compression. Are you certain compression is at normal levels? (I'm not surprised it started on first try- these engines are great, but surprised that it just took a good kick start.)

Before I bought my NOS engine, I had the original engine on it. I had to pedal start it by riding it like a bicycle and pedalling say 2-3 times and it'd start fast.

When I got my NOS engine, it needed the same amount of energy to get it started. The only differences I noticed between the two engines- NOS engine had slightly better acceleration probably due to new rings, NOS engine ran more smoothly, but other than that, they felt almost the same.

Anyhow, I'm glad that things are going good for you with the ped. I know you'll love riding it. These mopeds are slightly bigger than the average moped, or at least feels like it. :o)

EK

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account