fuel lines

fuel on the ground /

Hey guys!This will be my very first forum post anyhere.... please forgive me if I sound new to all this... to the point. I just got my hands on a 1987 yamaha razz. on the carb there is 3 nipples (as far as i can tell) to plug tubes into... one i know is the fuel inlet. that is hooked up. then directly across from that on the other side of the carb mouth is another nipple with nothing attached to it. also on the bottom of the carb facing down is another nipple with nothing attached to it.... As well there is some kind of plastic nipple on the top middle of the chain case with nothing attached to it....(posibly just a ventelation tube?) Now when trying to start it fuel will poor from the open nipple just opposite of the fuel inlet. so i assume that must some kind of return but i have no idea where it goes. i have tried connecting the on the carb the top and bottom open nipples together with a tube and it will not stay running... with all nipples left not hooked up to anything it runs fine but it is just peuking out fuel at that nipple just opp the fuel inlet.... any ideas would be great....

Kris

Re: fuel lines

Steamboat Aka J. R. Stevens /

Hi, the razz is a scooter and most people who post here own pedal mopeds. You will probably get more responses if you ask your questions on a scooter site. Jim.

there's a fuel inlet nipple. The nipple next to it is an air vent. The vent would have a hose attached to it and that hose's other end would be tucked into a safe place where no water could accidentaly enter it and the carb.

the bottom nipple sounds like a float bowl drain. Look for a drain screw nearby to confirm it has a drain.

The carb's bowl must be vented to the atmosphere or the engine won't run.

Puking fuel out the vent hole means the float bowl is overflowing and the carb's internals need a good cleaning, at the least..

Find a scooter forum and search out a manual.

As joew stated you probably need to take your carb apart and do a proper cleaning. It looks like gas is getting to your carb float bowl, your floats are stuck open and not properly closing when you have the proper amont of fuel in your float bowl, the bowl overflows and the excess flows out to the ground through the overflow pipe. You need to disassemble your carb and clean.

_some kind of plastic nipple on the top middle of the chain case with nothing attached to it….(posibly just a ventelation tube?)_

I believe this is a crankcase breather tube and provides ventilation to your crank case. A rubber tube should be connected to this and pointed down so water doesn't get into it. This is not related to your carb.

On the left you have an air vent hose, and on the right you have the fuel line, the vacuum line and the small oil injection line. The Razz has a vacuum operated peticock which if it fails you may not get fuel to your carb. If you need any torque specs or anything let me know.

Grey

Live to ride, Ride to work

And about the fuel poring out, your float is stuck(very common problem with the razz).Clean the carb and make sure the float moves freely up and down and does not stick. On the petcock there is a filter/sediment bowl make sure to clean that out also.

Grey

Live to ride, Ride to work

Thank you guys very much. we are going to take the carb off and take a peak at it tomorrow.. I will let you know how it turns out... i knew there might be a conflict of scooter/moped, steamboat, but this was the fastest moving forum i found. i was going to join one of the "scooter forums" but with the rate of there posts my friend said i would most likly get a much faster response here and it looked like u guys really knew ur stuff. thank you for the help......

but on another more related topic... we do have a old moped we just got going (for the most part) the only thing is we dont even know what kind it is... all we could see was a white M on the back of the seat..... any ideas???? it looked to have name plates that have fallen off of the sides of the center rail...... it is for sure an old one.

Re: Your Moped

Razzmatazz, my Motobecane has a white M and see if you can find a match.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account