Removing Solo Cluch

Anybody know how to remove the clutch off of a Solo? I tried my puller, but there's nowhere to grip it due to the protective metal casing.

The bolt that comes through it is broken off, and I need to replace it - but I can't get the damn clutch off. Drilling it out didn't work well either.

Re: Removing Solo Cluch

Ricardo Bowring /

do you got a pic of it??? and don't ruin it if anything those things are hard as hell to find!!!!!it took me 5 months.

Hi Rico!

Here's a pick of the clutch. I put the nut back on there so I didn't lose it.

I just cant get a good grip on it to pull it out. Is this a lost cause?

Is it rusted on there or somthing? You might try some penetrating fluid. After I removed the bolt my clutch just slid right off.

Grey

Live to ride, Ride to work

Where exactly should I spray it?

Once I _do_ get this off... what are my options? Are these bolts going to be impossible to find?

If you are trying to remove the clutch assembly from the output shaft, and have already removed the nut, I would spray the fluid where it could soak around the output shaft. The motor looks like this, Right? http://photobucket.com/albums/y37/saabsonettguy/My%20vehicles/columbia/parts/?action=view&current=motor1.jpg

Grey

Yup, that's the one.

I'll go buy some fluid today and see what I can do.

If that's your engine in the pic - want to sell it to me?

I plan on keeping it but should I change my mind I'll let you know first.

Grey

Okay thanks, if you ever want to sell just that bolt out of it - I'm your man.

Is it a standard clutch bolt, or some fancy german one made soley for the solo?

Its actually a nut. I would think you could find a one the correct thread and size at a decent hardware store.

Grey

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account